MIL-PRF-131K Class 1
MIL-PRF-131K refers to a set of specifications the U.S. government uses to assess materials for certain military applications. There are three classes of MIL-PRF-131K materials — one for general use, one for limited use and one for specialized use. Made for general use, Class 1 materials provide adequate protection against many harsh conditions faced in military settings.
As a MIL-PRF-131K Class 1 packaging manufacturer, Caltex engineers our flexible, heat-sealable barrier material to provide the following properties:
- Protection from water vapor through low moisture vapor transmission rate (MVTR)
- Greaseproof construction that shows no leakage, swelling, embrittlement or delamination when exposed to oil
- Faraday Cage shielding to protect products sensitive to static charge
- Protection against puncturing and tearing
Rigorously tested in a laboratory setting to ensure compliance with MIL-PRF-131K Class 1 standards, this material contains no amines, amides or N-Octanoic acid and is polycarbonate-compatible.
Due to its low MVTR, our MIL-PRF-131K Class 1 packaging makes the ideal solution for packaging items that require protection from water vapor. For example, you might use this barrier material to package products that will be carried by naval or naval aviation vehicles or transferred at sea. Packaged products in these settings face exposure to high moisture and salt concentrations, rough handling and other difficult conditions, which Caltex barrier packaging is prepared to handle.
Thanks to their Faraday Cage shielding, you can also comfortably use our MIL-PRF-131K Class 1 packages to store printed circuit boards and integrated circuits.
Become a Distributor
At Caltex, we have a network of highly qualified distributors that stretches across the globe. Our distributors help us get our MIL-PRF-131K Class 1 packaging and other products to customers who need them. If you're interested in becoming a Caltex distributor, our representatives would be happy to work with you. We can always use new distributors to help us fulfill our mission efficiently.
Find MIL-PRF-131K Class 1 Packaging for Sale From Caltex
At Caltex Plastics, we have 35 years of experience designing and producing high-quality barrier materials for commercial and military applications. When you choose our packaging, we guarantee that the material's barrier properties will meet its stated specifications. To request more information about this military-spec barrier material, contact Caltex Plastics today.
- Ideal for packaging of PCB's and IC's
- Extremely durable buried metal construction give Faraday Cage performance needed to shield against static charges.
- Available with zipper closures.
- Contains no amines or amides, is N-Octanoic acid free and is polycarbonate compatible.
- Custom printing and thermal transfer are available.
- Side gussett, bottom gussett, and T-Seal bag configurations.
Last updated: November 15th, 2019